Exciting opportunities to work in our new service ARRO (Ara Resettlement Restart Opportunities)
We have been awarded a contract by the Ministry of Justice to deliver the Offender Accommodation Pilot working with people being released from Bristol Prison.
The main aims of ARRO are to:
- Reduce reoffending
- Prevent homelessness
The new service will provide support over a period of at least one month within the prison environment and accommodation and support for 2 years in the community.
The pilot will work with prison leavers who would otherwise be homeless. All staff will need enhanced DBS and will be vetted by HMPPS. The service includes participation in an out of hours on call rota.
Resettlement Workers – 12 month fixed term contract – possibility of being extended
Band 5 – £22,066 – £25,164
In this role you will:
- Take a psychologically informed approach to clients
- Work with prison leavers to develop a support plan which is strength based and includes short and long term goals
- Work closely with offender managers and landlords
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- An understanding of offenders / ex-offenders
- A driving licence and access to a car for work
Closing date – Friday 3rd January 2020
For Job Descriptions and Person Specifications and application forms please go to https://recovery4all.co.uk/jobs/